Wednesday 22 August 2012

Burch & Purchese Sweet Studio

Last weekend, while lunching at South Yarra, I went down to Burch & Purchese Sweet Studio to get some cakes.  


When we got there, it was quite full of people, which was never the case when we previously went there.  

When we looked a little closer... Surprise! Surprise!  Hey! Aren't those two girls there from MasterChef??  Kylie and Julia, I think.  Apparently they were, well, doing something there.  Kylie seems to be talking to people around, offering tasting ice-creams, which unfortunately, I didn't get to taste.  And Julia, seems to be making some desserts in the kitchen area.  But there were so many people there, we decided we didn't want to stay long to see what they're doing, so we picked our cake, and left.  

This is the Smoked white choc, coffee, aniseed, lemon cake.  
As always, it came with a sheet of paper with the description of each part of the cake.  To tell the truth, I have always loved B&P's cake, but this one, I did find it, well, good, but not that good.  Maybe it's the sour components of the cake too overpowering for me, but I just didn't enjoy it as much as I did with the previous cakes I had there.  

This is the Salted Caramel & Chocolate Eclair.  
I really liked this Eclair, but with the salted caramel cream filling inside, it was actually quite filling, especially when you try to finish it all by yourself.  Also, I did found that the salted caramel cream filling seems to be too buttery in taste.  The butter taste kind of overwhelmed the whole cream filling...

I have always wanted to try this meringue thing they put on a stack on the counter, and this time, I decided I am going to try it.  This is called the Strawberry cloud.  The outside is crispy and the inside is kind of chewy.  It's a bit sugary, so a bit sweet if you eat it alone, but if you have it with coffee or tea, it's actually quite a good match.  

No comments:

Post a Comment