Sunday 5 August 2012

Cacao Macaron


From reading foodie blogs, I heard that the macarons from Cacao is just as good as those from Le Belle Miette, and the price are around the same.  So, since I was in the CBD area on Saturday, I decided to give it a try for a change.  

Shown in the photo above are, from left to right, Peanut butter and Chocolate, New York Cheesecake, Cookie n Cream, and Passion Fruit.  

The second box, which has two macaron in it, are Creme Caramel and Salted Caramel.  

I had great expectation for the Cookie n Cream flavour, since I always loved Cookie n Cream ice-cream, but to my disappointment, I found that while it is nice, it really did lacked a bit of a "wow" to it.  You can taste cream, but not really any cookie flavour.  The Passion Fruit was, well, passion fruit.  Nice flavour, big sour bang, but I guess it's not a very unique flavour.  New York Cheesecake! Wow!  That really did taste like a piece of rare cheese cake.  Nice and creamy.  I really did enjoy this one.  The Creme Caramel, umm, I don't really remember what it tasted like, other than it wasn't bad... However I must note that this particular one, was obviously smaller than all the other macaroons......bad quality control??  The Salted Caramel, was nice, but in my opinion, not as good as the one from Le Belle Miette.  I think it's not "salty" enough.  

HOWEVER, the absolute highlight, is definitely the Peanut Butter and Chocolate.  It tasted like, well, peanut butter and chocolate, but when it mixes together, it reminds me of a drink back from Hong Kong that I hadn't drank for many many years......ah, brings back good memories.  

So, taste-wise, I agree that it does taste quite good and is of the same kind of quality as Le Belle Miette.  But I personally like Le Belle Miette more, but I will definitely come back for more Peanut Butter and Chocolate and New York Cheesecake.  

No comments:

Post a Comment