Sunday 29 July 2012

Birthday lunch @ PappaRich

For this year's Birthday lunch, we've decided to go to a Malay restaurant in Chadstone - PappaRich. 


And we ordered loads of things.


The first to come was the Seafood Laksa. I always love a good Laksa, and had been searching around to find one that I like.  This one at PappaRich, I found that I quite like the soup.  It's creamy, and you can taste the peanut butter and coconut milk, all to a good balance.  It also had a sufficient amount of seafood with it.  If we didn't order so much other things, I think I probably would be content to have this all to myself.


This is curry chicken with coconut rice.  When this came, I was so busy with the Seafood Laksa that I probably didn't pay enough attention to it.  But luckily I still got to have a taste of it.  The curry chicken was very nice and I loved the coconut rice.

Then came the Roti with curry sauces.  I really do love those Roti.  Crisp but soft.  Lovely.  And the three curry sauce were all different but all tasty too.  I personally loved the one in the middle, which I believe was standard common curry sauce.  The reddish one on the right was kind of sweet, but had quite a chilli after taste.  I don't remember much about the yellow one on the left...

This is the infamous Deep fried chicken skin.  Really crispy.  It tasted good, but to tell the truth, it's more like, well, fried crisp.  You can't really taste any chicken or chicken skin.  But it really really was crispy and I did quite like it.

Then came the Chow Kuai Tieu, which we ordered just in case we didn't order enough...  It wasn't bad, but I certainly have had better else where.

Satay Beef, a must where going to Malay restaurant.  Since we ordered curry chicken already, we decided to have beef with the satay.  The satay sauce was really good, you can taste the peanut butter, a little sweet, everything to a very nice balance.  The beef was a little dry, but I guess that's just how things always will be when you have skewer out in restaurants.

And this is the drink I had, sesame milk with sesame ice-cream.  The ice-cream was quite nice, but god this drink was so cold.  Nice, but I guess next time I won't order it.

In general, the food and sauces are all very tasty.  This is definitely a place I would return to.

No comments:

Post a Comment