Sunday 15 July 2012

Straits of Malacca @ Glen

Weekly lunch.  This week, it's Straits of Malacca at The Glen.  A Malay place.  Nice and cheap place.  But you do need to come early on weekends because it is always pack full around lunch time.

This is the Seafood Laksa.  I always wanted to find a good laksa.  I wouldn't say this one is the best, but it's not too bad.  One that I can go back to.  It did came with quite a bit of seafood - mussels, prawns, fried fish, etc.  And the noodle was also a mix of Hokkien thick noodles and the thin rice noodles, which is how I always like my Laksa to be like.  I must say though, the bowl that they used for the Laksa was probably not a very good choice.  It was a bowl that is kind of flat, so the soup did get cold very fast.  Not good for soup type noodle, especially when I wanted to drink all the soup...

This is the Satay skewers, three beef, three chicken.  The beef was a bit dry and tough, but the chicken was quite nice.  The satay sauce, though, was a bit too much to the sweet side, and not enough peanut taste in it.

This is the Malacca Lobak.  Don't ask me what that's suppose to mean.  Anyway, it's three fish balls, a few pieces of deep fried tofu, and some tofu skin roll (腐皮巻).  The fish balls were good, the tofu was okay, but the tofu skin roll (腐皮巻) tasted a bit weird.  Not something I'd have again.  Guess I'll go for either just the fish balls, or just fried tofu.

This is, obviously, spring rolls.  Not much ingredients it seems, but it was fried very good, very crisp.

Overall, not a bad place.  Cheap.  Guess I will go there again when I go to The Glen.

No comments:

Post a Comment