Sunday 2 September 2012

A day at Westfield Doncaster

One lovely Sunday, me and my sister decided to go to Westfield Doncaster for some shopping.  But knowing how crowded the food court would be at lunch time, we decided to first have some lunch.

When we got to the food court area, we noticed that Schnitz was now opened, and so we decided to give that a try to see how that's like.  After going through the very much confusing menu, we decided to go with the simplest, Schnitzel and Chips.  Since the server was so nice and keep suggesting we should have a sauce to go with it, we got the Sweet Chilli Mayo sauce as well.  So, how was it?  Well, it was, umm, nice.  But not great.  The schnitzel was real chicken meat, not those schnitzel that you normally get at food court, so that was a good thing.  But it just wasn't special.  The chips were nice, but again, just nothing amazing about it.  I had better else where.  The sweet chilli mayo sauce was just too sweet, not really worth it.

We also got a Pork Curry rice from Hanaichi to share.  We had already had this many times and had liked it every single time.  True, it was not the best Curry Katsu, but for what it's worth, it's a good enough meal.  One reasonable sized fried pork, lots and lots of nice curry sauce, and loads of rice.  For a food court meal, it was real good value.

After completing our shopping, we decided to have some afternoon tea at Koko Black.  At first, we were just going to get coffee and hot chocolate, but once I saw the menu, I just couldn't stop myself and ordered the Belgian Spoil... As usual, it was absolutely delicious, every aspect of it.  Heavenly.  There's just no other word.

And as usual, I just couldn't stop myself when I see desserts and sweets, so I also ordered a Soy Hot Chocolate, and my sister had a cappuccino.  The soy chocolate was actually quite nice, not as rich as the normal hot chocolate, but I guess that's just right for me that day.  I might have this again next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment