Sunday 23 September 2012

Revisiting Mrs Parma

One weekend, we decided to have a walk about the CBD area.  And the first thing we did when we arrived, was to have a nice cup of cappuccino at Brother Baba Budan.

I still find this to be the best cappuccino ever in Melbourne.

After walking about, shopping around, it was time to lunch.  We had first considered Chin Chin, but on second thought found that rather expensive.....and decided to leave that for another day, and went to one of our favourite spot - Mrs Parma.

I decided to try their parma of the day, which was Smoked mozzarella and jalapeño.  It was superb!  I had always avoided jalapeño in any of my food, since my tolerance to hot food was not that great.  But this day, I found that I loved this parma!!  The chicken was moist, the cheese was melted just right, and the jalapeño was hot but not too much and it just totally made me want to stand up and dance!!

Every time we went to Mrs Parma, we were always so full after the parma and just couldn't have anything anymore.  But this time, we decided to save up some stomach space by not finishing the parma and take it home as lunch for another day, so that we can share the sticky date pudding.  Ever since my sister introduced me to this lovely dessert, we have been trying it at various space.  So, when we saw on Mrs Parma's menu that they have this dessert, naturally, we wanted to try.  And so we did this time.  The pudding was very moist and nice, we was a plus.  However the sauce was not what we thought it should be like.  It was overly sugar milky like, but absolutely lacked the butterscotch taste that is required.  Umm, a bit of a disappointment...  Guess we'll just stick to parma when it comes to Mrs Parma.

No comments:

Post a Comment