Thursday 21 June 2012

Lunch @ Madame Sousou

Second time to Madame Sousou.  Lovely place.

This is the lunch menu.  It's actually quite a good deal to have the two course or the three course meal.

To start the meal, of course there was the complimentary bread and butter.  I really do love that butter.

For entree, I had the Soupe de L'Oignon, which is the French onion soup with gruyere crouton.  Compared to what I had last time I'd been here, the soup seems to be a little too salty this time.  Still full of onion flavour, but probably just a pinch too much salt.  Otherwise, it's still the best onion soup I'd had.

Mum had the Petit Friture a L'Aioli, which is crispy fried calamari, school prawns and whitebait with paprika, orange, frize and aioli.  All were nice and crispy, and the aioli was superb.  I specifically loved the tiny fried prawns.

For main, I had the Biftek - 200g minute steak with cafe de Paris sauce and pommes frites.  This was how it looked when it came.
And here was the steak, after pushing the fries to the side.  The steak was cooked very nicely, between medium to medium rare.  But again, it was a little over salty.  I suspect it's because the pommes fries were on top, which means that extra salt got to the steak and the sauce.

Mum had the Cote De Porc, which was a pork chop with fries.  Nice big piece of pork chop.  Compared to what I had last time, mum thinks that it was a bit dry this time.  But still, it was seasoned well.

Then to finish the meal, I had the Tarte Tatin Aux Poires - the upside down pear tart, as dessert.  Doesn't it look beautiful.  And it tasted superb too.  The pears were soft, the pastry crispy, and the creaminess of the ice-cream with the caramel...It was a match made in heaven.

Compared to the last time I came to Madame Sousou, it did disappoint a little bit.  But it was still a nice place with nice food and reasonable price.  Let's see how it'll be like when I come here next.

No comments:

Post a Comment