Saturday 30 June 2012

Oh I love Pork Ribs

This week's weekend lunch place is The Meat & Wine Co.  My plan was to not eat too much main meal, and go for the grand dessert.

I wasn't going to get an entree at first, but then, I always love a good Beef Carpaccio, so, couldn't resist.   The beef was very tender and nice, but both me and mum thinks that perhaps that should be a bit more sauce and lemon juice.

For main, we had the full rack Pork Ribs, one of mum's favourite.  I wasn't going to eat much, since I was preparing for dessert, and I always kind of thought it's too much effort to eat ribs.  Not a lot of meat, but you get your hands all dirty.  But since I wasn't going to order a main for myself, I tried a bit. After all, I can't really just have dessert.  BUT!  I now realise how wrong I had been.  IT IS FANTASTIC!  I absolutely fell in love with the Pork Ribs!  Ah, how stupid have I been all these years... And as always, the chips are the best.

Here comes the "main" of the meal, the dessert.  The Grand Finale, which consists of a vanilla creme brûlée, a chocolate and pistachio fondante with vanilla ice-cream, a caramel and chocolate tart, and a white chocolate panna cotta.  Grand, isn't it?

As a side note, I also order a mocktail, called Evergreen.  I didn't go for a cocktail, since I had to drive.
Taste kind of refreshing, but a bit sweet, and definitely too much ice.......

No comments:

Post a Comment